Friday 13 June 2008

Tangled Threads and 5 Things Meme

How's this for a tangled mess? This is my box of embroidery threads. Maybe I should wind them all onto plastic bobbins, but the time it would take puts me off. Even when I used to do cross stitch, I never wound threads onto bobbins.

I've been tagged for this meme by the lovely Dawn. I'll warn you in advance, my answers are seriously boring!

The Rules:
Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.

1.What I was doing 10 years ago: We had lived in our current house 1 year and our children were 10 and 14. Since then, one of them has been through university and now lives at home. The difference is she now goes out to work instead of to school. The other daughter is doing a university course but spends a lot of her time at home. So really my life hasn't changed very much in 10 years. I live a quiet life, I was looking after a family then and I still do exactly the same now.

2. What 5 things are on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
1. Get weekend grocery shopping
2. Do laundry
3. Do some sewing
4. Get some gardening done if it stays dry
5. Prepare evening meal

3. Snacks I enjoy: There's only one answer to that really, and that's chocolate!

4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire: My first thought was to buy myself an isolated house in the countryside. Then I asked my husband what he thought I could do with a billion pounds, and he suggested buying fat quarters.

5. Places I have lived: I haven't lived in many different places. Apart from 2 years living in Australia in childhood, I've only ever lived in Yorkshire, but not always in the same area.

The people I will tag are:
Wendy K, Wendy, Mary Ann, Susan and Ila. I don't know if any of you have been tagged for this already, but it's up to you - participation is optional!