Sunday 22 April 2007

As Sweet as Honey

This is my collection of honey pots. They are actually on one long shelf in my kitchen, but I have photographed it in three sections so you can see them better.

They are a fun and inexpensive thing to collect. I like the quaintness of them, and the variations in colour and shape. They belong to the traditional concept of teatime. Most of them have a lovely bee on the lid.
Two or three of them were bought new, but most of them are second-hand. None of them are all that old, but one of the oldest is the cream one with hollyhocks on in the second picture. That's one of my favourite ones.

We went to a local antique market yesterday, a lovely sunny day, and I was lucky enough to find three at once!



So now I'll have to find a way to make them all fit on the shelf.
Thank you to everyone who commented after my last post. It's really encouraging to get so much positive feedback!