Tuesday 3 April 2007

Stitches

I have been working away on my quilting.
I enjoy the process of machine quilting, but I am slow!
I do all right as long as I've got a clear line to follow, so for me good marking is everything. I usually use a Clover white pen or a fine lead pencil. For diagonal lines I use masking tape.

I didn't put any quilting on the applique flowers and leaves, because I like the way the stippling makes them stand out.

This is the first time I have tried any feather-type designs. I thought they would be tricky to do, but they were okay! It's such fun seeing the design appear in stitches before your eyes.


That said, this quilt has seemed like a lot of work. At 65" x 74" it's not huge, but at times it has felt like it! I've been working on it on and off since the end of last summer.
I haven't finished it yet though, there's still some more to do on it before I put the binding on.