Saturday 5 May 2007

Eye Candy

This jumbo rick-rack arrived the other day. Don't the colours look lovely all together? Light, but not bright.
Don't ask me what I'm going to do with it. For now I'm happy just looking at it.


This is what I've been working on the last couple of days. A quick project after my last big quilt. The pattern is by Little Quilts and is from an out-of-print book I got for the bargain price of £1.50.
This pattern has an old-fashioned simplicity that appeals to me. Maybe the simple blocks are the best! The fabrics are a real mixture and all from stash.
In the original the light fabric is all muslin, but I used various neutral prints instead. I've still to decide on the fabric for the outer border, but it will be light. The finished quilt will have some yo-yo flowers on it for decoration. Cute!