No garden work going on at the moment, because it's been raining solidly for two days. But I've been busy inside the house, and I've started appliqueing these blocks for a quilt, in shades of red and pinky-red.
It's hard getting those star points sharp and not waving about. I think I won't have to mind too much if they're not perfect;) The quilt is from a Jo Morton pattern.
And I finally finished all my crochet squares, and I'm using navy blue to join them together, quite a strong contrast. Now I'm thinking it would also have looked nice, and completely different, if I'd used a light colour for the joining, maybe cream or pale pink. So many possibilities with colour! Decisions, decisions. Anyway, I've gone with the navy. I thought the joining would be a major job, but actually it's going quite quickly. I used a hook a couple of sizes smaller for this because I thought it made a better seam. When it's done I'm planning to do some kind of edging round, I'm not sure yet exactly what.
I'm really enjoying making this blanket. I didn't go near any kind of yarn for years, but then I came back to it, and now I wouldn't be without some crochet or knitting.