Saturday 9 August 2008

Only Ewe

I don't really know why I wanted to knit a sheep. I think a knitted sheep just seemed like an appropriate thing for someone who knits to have.
The pattern is from Toy Knits by Debbie Bliss, with my own modifications.

I had issues with this pattern, and one of them was the length of the body in proportion to the size of the head. I shortened the body of mine quite a bit, and I also made the ears about twice the size they were in the pattern.

When she was finished she looked very plain, so I got out the flowers I knitted back in February and sewed a few of them on. These were from Nicky Epstein's book of knitted flowers.
I think they dress her up nicely. I do like to add something to a pattern.

It's not easy getting a good picture of a sheep. It was a long and gruelling photo shoot for both of us.

I'm taking a short break from blogging now. I want to put some work in on the garden and if possible get it completely up to date by the end of the summer.

I'll try to keep up with reading blogs and I'll be back in a couple of weeks!