Saturday 15 November 2008

Sewing Machine Time

I put in some serious sewing machine time this week and got my quilt top finished. Now it's all put together, I really like it. Not sure how I'm going to quilt it, though.


****
While we were away a couple of weeks ago, I took some knitting so I had something to do in spare moments. I do like to do some knitting sometimes. I know I've said it before, but there's something good about the rhythm of working and the warmth of the yarn.
I made some handwarmers fom the pattern posted by Little Cotton Rabbits. (Scroll down that page for the pattern.) I've only just got round to sewing the side seams to finish them.

I think it's a very nice simple pattern and I would definitely make these again in another colour.
But how strange does it feel photographing your own hand?

They add some extra length to your sleeve on a cold day.
I used 1 ball of RYC Cashsoft DK in Parma. I love the softness of this yarn.
****
Some fun mail this week - aren't I lucky? These lovely fabrics arrived from Karol-Ann.

We did a sort of swap and this is what she sent me - Liberty, no less. Thank you, Karol-Ann!