I finished my hottie cover and it turned out to be a perfect snug fit for a standard hot water bottle.
I'm not so sure about my Fair Isle skills though - it seems ok in the middle but not so good at the edges. Maybe I need more practise. One thing I do really like is the stripe pattern at the top and bottom. There's something about nice clean regular stripes, and I like the element they add to the design.
As mentioned before, the pattern is from the Fall/Winter 2009 Debbie Bliss magazine. I did find a couple of minor errors in the pattern, in the shaping of the top edge and in the cast off (this one was just the placement of an asterisk), which was slightly annoying, so I just did what I thought it should have said and it seems to have worked out.
The ripple blanket is one I made a couple of years ago but didn't blog about at the time. I recently dug it out because of the very cold weather, and I was glad I did because I'd forgotten how nice ripple blankets are. I remember it consumed a huge amount of yarn, but it's quite a good size. I think it was worth it for such a nice cheery splash of colour to brighten up these grey winter days. Where has the sun gone!