After thinking about it for a long time, I recently bought Nicky Epstein's Knitted Flowers and I love it! I already had her crocheted flowers book, but if anything I think I like the knitted flowers even better.
The flower patterns are many and varied, and some of them are suitable for felting if desired. You can layer them and combine different components, put leaves on them, and beads or buttons can be added to them. I made all these from skeins of tapestry wool. Scale and tension aren't important in the land of flowers.
I was tagged by Ila to list 7 weird or random things about myself. Of course my mind immediately went blank. And what qualifies something as weird or random? Anyway, here are the 7 things I thought of.
1. I'm 4 days younger than my husband. Always marry an older man, that's what I say.
2. I didn't learn to drive until I was in my 30's. I grew up in a household without a car, and we walked, cycled or used public transport to go anywhere. My kids were both at school before I eventually learnt, and then I realised how much easier it would have been if I could have driven them around when they were little.
3. When I was a child my family lived in Australia for 2 years.
4. I have a phobia about being watched. If I'm cooking and someone is watching me, I'll knock things over and spill stuff. (You know who you are.) If I'm typing and I know someone is standing behind me, I'll hit all the wrong keys.
5. I can't swim.
6. I like cold weather and much prefer it to hot. It has to be really cold before I even notice. If I could have cold, bright weather all year round, that would suit me.
7. I'm a patternoholic. I have too many but I pretend it's a collection! Over the years I've collected hundreds of patterns, books and magazines, old and new, on quilting and other needlecrafts.
I think most of the bloggers I know have been tagged for this already, so I'm going to cop out and say if you haven't listed 7 weird or random things about yourself and you'd like to have a go, please do!