Friday 23 November 2007

Crochet Bits and Bobs

It seems to have been a busy week this week, but I can't keep away from that cotton yarn;)
The sunflower pattern is from an old Kindred Spirits book. Remember how they used to include patterns for small crochet items in their books? I've been digging them all out.


This is from another Kindred Spirits pattern. It's basically two straightforward rectangles crocheted together. I can think of several colour schemes that would be nice for this pattern. It measures about 3 1/2 x 6 inches including the button fringe, but I think it could also work well on a larger scale.
Of course one of the best things about making this was choosing the buttons:)

Now, can you believe this? Recently on television I saw a scene with a couple sitting together on a sofa. The woman was working on a partly-made crocheted blanket - with KNITTING NEEDLES! What a glaring mistake!