Friday, 21 March 2008

Leaves and Buttons

I've had it in my head for a while to incorporate leaves into a yo-yo project and have some of the yo-yos as flowers. This is what I came up with. I didn't have a yo-yo maker, I just made them the old-fashioned way.
To make the leaves I drew a leaf shape the size I wanted, stitched around it and cut it out, leaving the base of the leaf open for turning.
This is how they look on the back.

I didn't turn the raw edges in because I thought that might make them a bit bulky. I sewed them on with a small blanket stitch, and I think that makes the raw edge acceptable.
I did consider fusing two layers of fabric together and cutting leaves from that, or cutting them out of felt, but I wanted it to be easily launderable.

Some fun shopping this week:

This is my new pale blue teapot, which to be truthful I only bought so I can knit a teacosy for it, lol! (I suppose it might come in useful for making tea in as well.)

I hope you have a lovely Easter with lots of chocolate.